Understanding affiliate marketing from top to bottom, from left to right is a MUST in doing online business. (Or if you just want to create some profit in the cyberspace, affiliate marketing is the way to go)
Before fighting your war, you should sharpen your sword!! Let’s put in your due diligence to examine some of the definitions for Affiliate Marketing in cyberspace:
**This is a system of revenue sharing between one site (the affiliate merchant) which features an ad or content designed
to drive traffic to another site (the advertiser). The affiliate will receive a fee based on the amount of traffic generated.
Defined by internetworld365.com
**A system of advertising in which site A agrees to feature buttons from site B, and site A gets a percentage of any sales generated for site B. It can also be applied to situations in which an advertiser may be looking for marketing information, rather than a cash sale. Popular among startups with very small marketing budgets.
Defined by expedite-email-marketing.com
**A business relationship with a merchant or other service provider who allows you to link to that business. When a visitor clicks on the link at your site and subsequently makes a purchase from the merchant, you receive a commission based on the amount of the sale, a referral fee or a pay-for-click fee.
Defined by showtheworld.com
If you are familiar with offline marketing models, in fact, affiliate marketing share the very same nature as Network
Marketing or MultiLevel Marketing (Through sharing a good service or product with people, you are compensated with commission). Of course, usually affiliate marketing tends to
have less layer commission payout than offline Network Marketing or MLM. Affiliate Marketing usually pay until first or second layer only.
Why should we start our online business or create our profit from Affiliate Marketing?
Yes, this is a million dollar question. There are tons of reasons. Look, now I want to give you the TOP 5 reasons.
- You DON’T need to crack your head to come out with your own product. The products are already there. Be noted!!! Coming out with your own product is as difficult as stretching your hand to reach the star for most of the people, especially for newbie in Internet Marketing business.
- Literally, you can choose from an INFINITE number of products for you to affiliate with. Moreover, you call the shot to choose only the best products (in term of quality) to recommend to your customers.
- The third reason, if you overlook it, good luck to your business. Affiliate Marketing is the most money & time saving to start with. To come out with your product, you need extra cost and more importantly your precious time (it worth a lot to me, I believe it is same to you). By using affiliate marketing, you are risk free in promoting other people product. What if you put in all the TIME & MONEY to create your own product and then you again PUT IN all the TIME & MONEY to promote it but all effort comes to zero or gives you a bad sales, would you want to take the risk?
- You don’t need to write your sales pitch. NO SALES COPYWRITING! When you recommend people product, the best sales pitch is done by the creator of the product.
- You don’t have to process the orders once people click your affiliate link. The merchant handle all the processes needed for sales. Besides, the merchant also deals with the customer problems.
All these are what I want to share with you about Affiliate Marketing. Hope you can benefit from this humble piece of information.
About the author rere